What is covered by the NHS and what is not?
The Governments contract with GPs covers medical services to NHS patients. If your request does not involve medical care then it may not come under NHS work and a fee will be payable
Examples of Non-NHS services which GP’s can charge their NHS patients:
- Accident/sickness insurance certificates and reports
- Certain travel/holiday vaccinations
- Private medical insurance reports
- Reports for ‘fitness to start a diet regime.’
- Medicals for HGV/Taxi/PSV
- Elderly Driver Medicals
- Holiday Cancellation forms
- Shotgun Certificate Verification
- Driving Licence Forms
- Passport applications
- Private sick notes and letters
Please contact reception if you wish to know the specific fee for the type of work you wish us to do.